At www.houseofelliotcollection.com we take your privacy very seriously. We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data.
- what information we collect when you use the ‘House of Elliot’ website (the “Site”), when you communicate with us, or when you visit one of our stores
- how we use your information
- how we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- what options you have to control your information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to discuss this with us or have any questions, comments or suggestions relating to this Policy.
Our website www.houseofelliotcollection.com sells lace footwear and accessories. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
This Site is run by ‘KJS Retail Ltd’. Our Company Number in the United Kingdom is 9381626. ‘House of Elliot’ is a registered trademark in the European Union and ‘KJS Retail Ltd’ trades under the ‘House of Elliot’ trading name.
1) HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU?
- Information we collect when you visit our Site
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- create an account on our Site;
- place an order through our Site;
- Fill out the ‘Checkout’ Form on our Site;
- fill in forms on our Site, for example, to contact us, leave comments on our Blog posts or on our products, or respond to a survey;
- subscribe to our mailing list.
- Information we collect when you contact us
- We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, e-mail, Live Chat or via social media. This can include your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and address.
- We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our Site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.);
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings, and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available.
2) HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We will use your information in the following ways:
- For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- to provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one;
- to fulfil any order that you place with us;
- to collect payment from you;
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically;
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests.
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device, and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to;
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services, and to improve our services;
- to administer competitions that you have entered;
- Abandoned Checkouts:
- If you fill out the checkout form and don’t complete your payment we may contact you to see if we can be of assistance with your order (for example regarding sizing). We will only contact you regarding your attempted order.
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- emails, for example the House of Elliot newsletter, product updates, competition alerts, or offers.
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by e-mail with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you (however we never store your payment details);
You have the option to unsubscribe from our marketing e-mails through a link at the bottom of every marketing e-mail we send to you or by contacting email@example.com
If you want to change the details that you have registered with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, this can be changed in the “My Account” section of our Site or by contacting our Customer Services team.
This website also uses technologies such as web beacons and pixels. These are other technologies that store information in your browser or device, using local shared objects or local storage.
- Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are required for the operation of our website. They will, for example, allow you to navigate the site, add items to your shopping basket and purchase them.
- Site analytics – to measure and analyse how customers use our website and respond to marketing, to improve your shopping experience and to improve the overall functionality of our website.
DELETING OR BLOCKING COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
The cookies described above may be either “session cookies”, which means they are temporary and are automatically deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser, or they may be “persistent cookies”, which last until their expiry date or until you or your browser delete them. By law, we are required to ask your permission before storing non-essential cookies on your computer. If you choose to block or delete cookies or similar technologies used on our website, it may prevent the website from functioning properly or at all.
You may refuse to accept cookies by altering the settings on your internet browser. Generally, this can be done by visiting the “Settings” menu in your browser. You can also visit the EU-based Your Online Choices website, which will show you the cookies and similar technologies currently in use on your browser, and allow you to opt-out of these.
By continuing to use our site and our cookies policy, you agree to the cookies outlined being placed on your device.
ADVERTISING COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
We work with some third party suppliers to enable features on our website or to improve our online advertising. These suppliers may set cookies on our website. It’s important for you to know that we have no access to or control over cookies used by these companies or third-party websites. We suggest you check the third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
You can see more information about the cookies we use HERE, including who they belong to, their ID and why they are used. We’ve also included links to the third-party websites where you can go to find out more.
4) HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- We share your information with our core service providers and third-party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, packaging and processing orders, fulfilling deliveries, customer support, fraud detection, and internal audits.
- Your personal data may be disclosed also to third party service providers, acting on our behalf, in connection with managing services, data analytics, finance, accounting or other administrative services and information technology support. These third party service providers will have access to – and process – personal data only on our behalf and under our instructions and will be held to appropriate security obligations.
- To process payments (see section 5). We never ever share your payment card details.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our Site and database.
- If you make an enquiry to the customer services team via email, phone or LiveChat, the details of your enquiry will be securely stored against your customer record in the Zendesk helpdesk system. This allows us to accurately respond to your query in a timely manner, and keep a record of responses that have been given.
We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your e-mail address, is provided to the relevant third party, however, for security purposes, this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your e-mail but still enables linking between your social media presence and our Site. Your personal information will be transmitted to countries outside of the EEA, including the United States. If you would like more information about how your personal information may be transmitted, and the safeguards applied, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. You may have the right to object to your personal information being used in this way (see “Rights you may have” below).
We receive insights from Facebook about the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns which you experience on our Site and social channels, helps to better target our advertising.
Every external company we work with has a contract with us which clearly sets out our expectations and requirements for handling personal information and obligates them to meet these standards and those contained in the GDPR.
5) PAYMENT PROCESSING
KJS Retail Ltd uses third party payment processors SagePay and PayPal to process payments made for products and services via the Website. All online payments will be conducted in accordance with Payment Card Industry (PCI) data security standards and your billing information (which is only used by these payment processors for the purpose of performing fraud protection) is encrypted before being communicated to them. Your payment card details are communicated directly from your browser to these payment processors – KJS Retail Ltd never sees your full Permanent Account Number (PAN). This means that the payment form is off site and processed by SagePay or PayPal directly. KJS Retail Ltd will never (ever!) store your payment details.
For PayPal we only store the tokens required to identify the transaction with PayPal, issue refunds and identify transactions made using PayPal.
6) HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers for tax purposes.
We also make a promise to you that you can come back at any time in the future to order from us. So, unless you actively delete this information, we keep it, so we can keep our promise to you.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data; see ‘Rights you may have’ (section 9 below) for further information.
In some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
7) HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of our suppliers to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to the transfer of your personal information, its storage and processing.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information you give us relating to credit card details (for example your billing address) is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. We never store your payment card information. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of this Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
8) SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
9) RIGHTS YOU MAY HAVE
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information, or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com if you would like to make a request.
10) CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with an additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an email with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
11) CONTACT US
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this Site you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at our registered Company address below:
KJS RETAIL LTD, 43-45 DEVIZES ROAD, SWINDON, SN1 4BG, ENGLAND